Bar / Bat Mitzvah Tutoring
Ingredients For A Professional Bar/Bat Mitzvah Student
- Student should be prepared for each lesson by; having cassette tape available for more taping and by having Haftorah, Siddur, or Torah text available.
- Student needs to review at least fifteen minutes every night with the audio tape for the next lesson.
- Student needs to attend Junior Congregation or the regular Shabbat Morning service as much as possible. It will make the B’nai Mitzvah preparation easier. Seeing other BM students conduct services is a good opportunity to perfect your conducting.
- Student will learn by a Four step process:
- Read the Hebrew text.
- Listen as I chant the text.
- We sing the text together several times.
- The student will chant the text on their own.
- Other students who have a very good knowledge of Hebrew reading and good tonal memory can learn Torah and Haftorah with the Tropes.
- The Lesson will last 45 minutes, once a week. As we approach the actual Bar/Bat Mitzvah, we may have two lessons per week. We will meet in the sanctuary the week prior to the Bar/Bat Mitzvah to have a “dress rehearsal” for all the parts of the service in order to feel comfortable on the Bar/Bat Mitzvah itself.
- Feedback will be provided on the progress of the student after every lesson. Parents may call from 9AM-9 PM during the week. The phone will not be answered on Shabbat or Yom Tov. E-mails and voice-mails will be responded to promptly.
- Lesson fee is $50 plus a travel fee if student is taught in a different venue other than my home.